[cc-devel] Palimpsest Documentation Online

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Tue Mar 27 23:44:45 EDT 2007

I recently announced the availability of Palimpsest 0.1-alpha, which is
(or will be) a multimedia metadata processor.

The in-package documentation, which describes the basic functionality of
the program now, its intended functionality, and instructions on
creating plugins for new multimedia filetypes is now available online:

http://light-princess.org/palimpsest/

As of 0.1-alpha, Palimpsest has only one plugin (for GIF) and a fallback
plugin for unknown datatypes (an XMP scanner, dubbed "Evil Monkey" -- it
 seemd appropriate, considering how it operates* ;-) ).

Cheers,
Terry

*Which is Not My Fault [TM]! Evil Monkey does exactly what the Adobe XMP
Spec calls for. The evil comes from Adobe, not me. ;-)