[cc-devel] Google Summer of Code 2007 Application

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 19 11:17:47 EDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Cassio Melo <cassio.ufpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I planning to submit an application for Google Summer of Code 2007 but
> before that I'd like to hear from you some opinions about my ideas:
>
> - An OpenOffice Writer add-on for publishing and searching CC licensed
> documents;

I haven't thought much about integrating search, but an OpenOffice.org
implementation of what the Microsoft Office Addin
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Microsoft_Office_Addin) does would be
killer.  Some additional thoughts on how it might work are available
at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/OpenOfficeOrg_Addin.

> - A Google Desktop plugin for searching CC licensed content

That could be interesting; are you thinking about searching the user's
hard drive for CC licensed content or providing a web search interface
for searching CC licensed content?  In the former case, have you
thought much about how to handle the different file formats?

Thanks for your interest; looking forward to your application,

Nathan

-----
Nathan R. Yergler
Senior Software Engineer