[cc-devel] Improved Python wrapper library

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Fri Mar 9 00:04:16 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:58 -0500, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> There's not even a Python implementation of the code described by that
> document; it's purely vapor at this point.  That said, a PHP
> implementation would be great.  I don't have the PHP skillz to say if
> this is the right sort of API for PHP.  I tried to make it "Pythonic"
> so it'd be natural to use in all of our existing Python projects.

OK, no worries. I can work the PHP around just about any style of API.
It wouldn't be the first time that I have adapted a Python project to
PHP! :)

> Do you know what sort of testing support PHP has?  One thing I really
> want for the Python version is a full test suite (hence writing the
> docs/tests first).  I think that'd probably be desirable for a PHP
> implementation, too.

PHP5 has decent support for Unit tests and automatic API doc generation
etc. It is a little difficult to get going, but I do already have a test
server for PHP that runs automated testing for me. It would just mean
adding an additional test suite to that.

--Paul