[cc-devel] Improved Python wrapper library

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at creativecommons.org
Thu Mar 8 14:58:42 EST 2007

On 3/8/07, Paul Scott <pscott at uwc.ac.za> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 08:36 -0500, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> > I've been working with a few different CC applications over the past
> > month, and have realized that we have a few different ways of wrapping
> > and manipulating license metadata.  In some cases (such as the API and
> > License Engine), we have code that does the same thing in two
> > different ways.  This sucks.
> >

> Is there a current PHP implementation of this code? If not, I would
> fully be willing to take it on. Unfortunately my Python skills are
> probably not up to scratch, but we use a lot of CC stuff in our code,
> and this could be really useful.

There's not even a Python implementation of the code described by that
document; it's purely vapor at this point.  That said, a PHP
implementation would be great.  I don't have the PHP skillz to say if
this is the right sort of API for PHP.  I tried to make it "Pythonic"
so it'd be natural to use in all of our existing Python projects.

Do you know what sort of testing support PHP has?  One thing I really
want for the Python version is a full test suite (hence writing the
docs/tests first).  I think that'd probably be desirable for a PHP
implementation, too.