[cc-devel] Improved Python wrapper library

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Thu Mar 8 14:23:36 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 08:36 -0500, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> I've been working with a few different CC applications over the past
> month, and have realized that we have a few different ways of wrapping
> and manipulating license metadata.  In some cases (such as the API and
> License Engine), we have code that does the same thing in two
> different ways.  This sucks.

Is there a current PHP implementation of this code? If not, I would
fully be willing to take it on. Unfortunately my Python skills are
probably not up to scratch, but we use a lot of CC stuff in our code,
and this could be really useful.

Oh, and perhaps I should introduce myself - sorry!

I am Paul Scott, manager and developer of the Free Software Innovation
unit based at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South
Africa. We have coded a PHP5 based framework called Chisimba that we
have almost fully integrated the CC licence stuff into to cover almost
all aspects of the framework. All code is GPL licenced, and all of our
releases, presentations, media, courseware etc is licenced under a
CC-BY-SA licence.

Let me know if I can help out!

--Paul