[cc-devel] Experience with SVK?

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at creativecommons.org
Tue Mar 6 07:42:34 EST 2007

Sourceforge's subversion servers are once again inaccessible, this
time due to a DDOS attack.  Does anyone have experience with using SVK
for mirroring an SVN repository locally and doing disconnected
operations, with periodic syncs to the trunk?  In particular I'm
curious if SVK adequately supports the following sort of workflow:

* mirroring one or more repositories locally
* periodically syncing those mirrors with the source
* allowing local commits
* pushing those commits to the main repository at sync time, and
notification of conflicts.

I don't have the energy or desire to champion a wholesale move off of
Sourceforge, but if we had a clear way to keep working when this
happens, I'd be in a much better mood :).

Nathan