[cc-devel] CD containing CC-licensed material

Soumyadip Modak soumyadip.modak at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:39:13 EDT 2006

Hi,
I was looking at the Google Summer of Code proposals, and the Creative
Commons LiveCD proposal caught my eye. Talking to people on #cc on IRC,
threw up a few interesting possibilities.
"tannewt" suggested that instead of a Linux LiveCD, I could make CD
resembling the OpenCD (http://www.theopencd.org) with CC-licensed content
and maybe a few applications to work on the material, like audacity, etc.

I'd like to know the opinion of people on the possible structure of the CD.
Will a traditional Linux live CD be a better idea, or is the OpenCD style CD
more useful ? Please suggest ideas that you would like to see implemented on
the CD.

Thanks

--
Soumyadip Modak