[cc-devel] Creative Commons Consolidation of Developer Pages

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Wed Aug 24 05:28:18 EDT 2005

I have made some small adjustments to the development part of the wiki.
Changed the intro a bit and added an explanation for people about IRC. I
also changed the developers info into name with an external link to the
url of this developer. My guess is that if you need more info about a
developer you can get it there and this way we won't 'pollute' the wiki
with our info...

Mike,

I also have a question regarding the first page of the wiki i.e. the
main page. I would like to create a more meaningful TOC. Can I just edit
this or is there a specific reason for the current TOC?

My proposal would be something like this:

- Creative Commons Development Community
- Creative Commons Tools (info for users about the tools the CCDC has
made..)
- Creative Commons Publicity and Advocacy (spread the word of CC)
- Creative Commons Jargon and Definitions
- Creative Commons Ideas (brainstorms, future plans etc)
- Creative Commons Education (readinglist, courseware etc)

My feeling is that this would be much easier for people to understand.

Another thing we haven't been talking about is localisation for the
Wiki. for instance my mother's tongue is Dutch and we have a lot of
iCommons people that have a first language which is not English. To
harness the energy of all these people to join the wiki, start
developing etc. We need to lower the threshold by localising the wiki.
At least that's my educated guess. What are your thoughts about this?
Should we try to localise the wiki? How?

grtz
BjornW