[cc-devel] CC Web Services Updated

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at yergler.net
Fri Aug 12 11:44:20 EDT 2005

The Creative Commons web services have been updated to support
localization.  This change allows all the web service methods to
return interface text in any of the locales support by the primary CC
license engine (http://creativecommons.org/license).  Updated
documentation describing these changes is available at http://
api.creativecommons.org/docs/readme_dev.html.  Note that in some
cases localized text is not yet available; in those cases, English
will be returned.  We will be working to localize the remaining
strings in the near future.

This version of the web services is slated to become the 1.5 stable
version, at which point the API will be frozen in order to support
production applications.  Please report problems, errors or
suggestions to the cc-devel list or to me directly.

Nathan R. Yergler
Software Engineer
Creative Commons