[cc-community] FreeBassel

Jessica Coates jessica at creativecommons.org
Wed Sep 16 08:54:11 EDT 2015

Hi all

I know a lot of people on this list are friends of, or have been following
the story of, Bassel Khartabil, internet activist and CC's Syrian affiliate
who was detained in 2012. A number of people in the CC community are
working hard on http://freebassel.org/campaign/.

Here is the latest news from the campaign:

1. Bassel is alive

2. There is a new Slideshare:
http://fr.slideshare.net/freebassel/freebassel-2015-latest-media-we-need-you

3. Here is a tweet we'd like you to retweet to get him on the refugee list
in the US (has been RT by CC HQ):

<https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse>@*freebassel*
<https://twitter.com/freebassel> #*retweet*
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/retweet?src=hash> to get Bassel Khartabil on
the USA Syrian Refugee Accept #*WhiteList*
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteList?src=hash> http://ur1.ca/nqt5k
<http://t.co/bS7si7lXiX> #*FreeBassel*
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeBassel?src=hash>@*whitehouse*
<https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse>
4. There is also a support letter to sign and all stories & material are
still here:
http://freebassel.org/campaign/#signtheletter

Can you also please circulate the information in this email to anyone you
think might be interested?

There is more coming soon - watch this space.

Jessica Coates
Global Network Coordinator and Asia-Pacific Regional Coordinator
Creative Commons

creativecommons.org
jessica at creativecommons.org

*Invest in the future of sharing. Donate to Creative Commons
today: http://bit.ly/supportcc2015 <http://bit.ly/supportcc2015>*