[cc-community] How should I handle NC expiration?

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 18 13:26:30 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM, John Cronan <john at cronan.cc> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm fine going CC0 after 14 years. So I guess I will apply for Founder's
> Copyright. The program appears to have at least one optional element: you
> can pick 14 or 28 years! But if it were an option for Creative Commons to
> also apply CC-BY or CC-BY-SA to the work after fewer years, I would use
> that. Then the only license I would be granting myself would be the original
> CC-BY-NC-SA.
>
> John Cronan
> Cronan Audio, Inc.

Hi John,

The Founder's Copyright is no longer an active project/process at CC.
Google has indexed some pages related to Founder's Copyright on the CC
which were apparently meant to be hidden... someone having put a space
in the URL ("/ projects/"), but that wasn't enough to hide them from
Google.  I'll handle removing those pages, but you'll need to find
another solution.  Sorry about the confusion.

Best,

Nathan