[cc-community] How should I handle NC expiration?

John Cronan john at cronan.cc
Fri Mar 15 17:47:21 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Bruce Kingsbury <zcat at zcat.geek.nz> wrote:

> or an actual $1 transfer of
> copyright to some sort of foundation or trust who's legal structure
> ensures that the work must be released under the more free license at
> an appropriate time in the future similar to how Founder's Copyright
> works.

I'm fine going CC0 after 14 years. So I guess I will apply for Founder's
Copyright. The program appears to have at least one optional element: you
can pick 14 or 28 years! But if it were an option for Creative Commons to
also apply CC-BY or CC-BY-SA to the work after fewer years, I would use
that. Then the only license I would be granting myself would be the
original CC-BY-NC-SA.

John Cronan
Cronan Audio, Inc.