[cc-community] How should I handle NC expiration?

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Mar 15 10:19:25 EDT 2013

On Friday 15 March 2013 00:21:25 John Cronan wrote:
> Given that CC 3.0 states, "this License constitutes the entire agreement
> between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here," do I:
>
> Go ahead and release under CC 3.0 and add some language that the NC part
> expires in 2014 or whenever;

See: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CCPlus

The way I get it is that your licensee can hold you to the license so that if
you usethe license and try to restict them further than the license they can
point to the "entire agreement" language and escape your attempt at further
restrictions.

The CCPlus is a mechanism for you to grant permissions additional to the
license. They get the license from you. They have a way to get additional
permissions from you.

Could this be used to do what you want?