[cc-community] ND licenses and dj mixing

dj x∃n dj_xen at thereexists.us
Tue Mar 12 15:34:45 EDT 2013

I can't say I'm familiar with your work, but I would say that if you're
advocating Creative Commons licenses to musicians and/or labels, because of
this fuzzy line, I would encourage you to advocate licenses that do not
have the ND clause. It does open up the possibility of remixes, samples,
etc., but that's part of the excitement (in my mind) to Creative Commons:
it opens up the possibility for collaboration and viral dissemination
because of it, while still requiring attribution. Certainly that freedom
can be exploited, but as the saying goes, even bad press is still press.
Good luck in your endeavours.

dj x∃n

∃ (there exists) radio
http://thereexists.us