[cc-community] Progress on implementing Dated CC

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 21:01:01 EST 2013

Hi!

Very interesting. You are taking the idea from open access movement in
scientific community, but in reality there is no such "liquid"
approach there. You have an fixed time embargo period and not some
price which when it would be reached, the paper would become open. So
for popular papers this would happen sooner.

This opens a new idea. Which is, if papers would become open sooner if
many people would read it, then libraries would have big influence
over which papers they buy. And if implemented correctly, they would
be buying those which their researchers want. So this mean that if
research community find some paper wanted, they would request it and
it would become open to whole world (also those who could not afford
initial payment) sooner. In this way it would minimize differences
between developed and developing world in access to scientific
publications.

Mitar

http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m