[cc-community] Rant about CC licenses

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 20:20:39 EST 2013

Hi!

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Andres Guadamuz <anduril13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> First we need to get this subject harmonised across the world, and then
> CC could try to get a CC-X licence as you suggest. Before that is done,
> then CC0 is the best option.

I cannot agree with that. If CC0 works now, then CC-X can work as
well. And we do not have to wait for harmonizing the whole world, then
we will wait forever. And maybe even we might want diversity. I
believe that diversity is good. Yes, it makes work hard for such hacks
as CC, but on other hand it allows some countries to have better
things than in harmonized part.

Anyway, if CC-X would mean CC-X or later license, then we can do
whatever we can at this point, and then when things are harmonized,
new version of CC-X license would get in place which would really make
work public domain there (and not just CC0).

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m