[cc-community] S: Artists' Community for CC-licensed Cliparts on demand

Gisle Hannemyr gisle at ifi.uio.no
Wed Dec 11 11:27:52 EST 2013

On 2013-12-10 19:45, Ralf Gesellensetter wrote:
> Dear Mike, dear Gisle, dear list readers,
>
> my initial posting was thought as a stub, to fill a missing
> link. As local law in Germany doesn't actually know PD, I'd
> rather go for CC licenses as far as my opinion is asked.
>
> Looking further around, I found projects for cc-music listed
> on the cc site: http://creativecommons.org/music-communities
>
> Missing is a similar page for graphical artists.

Maybe CC will but up a page for graphical artists if you ask
them to do so?

It will however,  the page itself will probably be a stub until
a community forms.

> And, I found a search portal (nearly a meta search, however you
> have to select one engine out of the given - no merged search yet):
> http://search.creativecommons.org/

CC search has been a major feature of the CC web-site for
as long as I can remember. It is linked to the button
"Find CC-licensed works" on the front page (inside
the "Explore" block).

I don't think there is plans to change this into a full meta-search
with merged searches and results.  It would be a major undertaking
because of the multimedia nature of the results pages (and a
nightmare to maintain unless the underlying services offered
stable APIs).

> Eventually, I wonder if anybody of you knows a community of artists
> dedicated to free licenses (like cc), in order to invite people
> to such "contests" ("call for free art work"?).

I don't.