[cc-community] CopyCamp PL

Krzysztof Siewicz siewi at interia.pl
Thu Aug 1 12:01:16 EDT 2013

Dear All,

On behalf of the organizers, I am pleased to anounce that we have opened
a public contest for speakers at CopyCamp 2013 – the international
conference devoted to the subject of copyright.

This year, we will talk about copyright in the context of international
legislation, we will analyze the copyright system from the perspective
of researchers – anthropologists, sociologists and economists. We are
interested in the language of the international debate on copyright and
communication within this debate. What is more, we aim at discussing
practical and innovative solutions for the creative sector as a step on
the path to working out a copyright system that would be satisfactory to
all involved parties.

The special guest of the conference will be Eben Moglen, professor of
Law and Legal History at the Columbia University in New York, the
founder and chairman of the Software Freedom Law Center, the long-time
legal counsel to The Free Software Foundation and co-creator (together
with Richard Stallman) of the GNU GPL licence.

Everyone who is interested in the subject of copyright and would like to
express their opinion can submit a presentation proposal by the 20th of
August. The presentation summary of max. 1800 characters should be
submitted at: http://copycamp.pl/en/contact/register/. On the basis of
the proposal summary, the appointed jury will select speakers of this
year's CopyCamp. *Please note: your presentation should not exceed 10
minutes.

Please find more information at: copycamp.pl

CopyCamp is part of the Future of Copyright project financed by Trust
for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe.

Co-organizer of the conference: Coalition for Open Education.

Partners of the conference: Association of Authors ZAiKS and Google.

Thank you in advance for submitting your proposals!

Kind regards,

Krzysztof Siewicz