[cc-community] Your help needed!

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 26 16:11:28 EST 2012

Bob Noble <chair at openindieproject.org>
writes:

> What would you suggest for a short but catchy phrase which gives would
> attract those that may never have heard about CC or even Open Source
> before?

It's difficult to undo the extensive branding of “Creative Commons” for
lots of free and non-free works, and an opportunity for promoting free
cultural works was lost.

Any later attempt to “improve” the brand will necessarily be competing
with the existing Creative Commons brand, and risks seeming lame by
comparison.

Here is one attempt <URL:http://questioncopyright.org/cc-pro>. I think
it could go far if we unify behind it, but I am not sure that will
happen.

--
 \             “The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect |
  `\       confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation |