[cc-community] Your help needed!

Bob Noble chair at openindieproject.org
Sun Feb 26 12:41:36 EST 2012

Rob Myers wrote:
>> And isn't it a little parochial
>> to support CC licences and not other libre licences like the Free Art
>> License, the Open Game License and the Open Publication License?

We only support one particular licence for content hosted on our
repository simply to make it very easy to administrate and for users to
understand.
Our tutorials and such-like makes use of the same licence because of the
same reasons.

We are not discounting other Open Source Licensing schemes. Our software
will use various Open Source licenses (depending on the IDE or language
used).

Our constitution states we will use Open Source licenses but does not
tie us to a particular one. As we expand and draw a stable user-base we
will start to look at the other licenses and make use of them in a
manner which will not confuse the public.

If we were to start drawing on a wide selection of licensing schemes
from the start, (IMHO) we would be prone to mission creep and end up
doing nothing at all.

All the best,
-Bob