[cc-community] music under CC ...-ND as background music in a game?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 21 23:01:31 EST 2012

Bernd Buschinski <b.buschinski at googlemail.com>
writes:

> On Tuesday 21 February 2012 13:29:10 Ben Finney wrote:
> > That gets to the question of compatibility between any CC license and
> > GPL, which is unclear. The general intent of Attribution and Share-Alike
> > are similar in spirit to the GPL, but the implementations may not be
> > compatible.
>
> Hm well, but does this also apply for different data/texture/music and
> code license?

Does what apply? “may not be compatible” does apply, yes. The “may” is
very much dependent on which jurisdiction, and even on which judge, is
controlling the decision.

> I wont license any code under CC, and music/data/texture/whatever is
> always replaceable, or does this not matter at all in this case?

I don't understand. Code is also replaceable; how does that matter?

--
 \          “When [science] permits us to see the far side of some new |
  `\      horizon, we remember those who prepared the way – seeing for |