[cc-community] music under CC ...-ND as background music in a game?

Hessel van Oorschot hessel at tribeofnoise.com
Mon Feb 20 15:01:40 EST 2012

Hi Bernd,

I can tell you what would work best for a non commercial open source game.

Find music without the ND part to prevent any confusion. Or contact the
artist and ask if he can agree to waiving the ND part (via a CC+) or if
his/her interpretation of ND is the same as yours. The last two options:
confirm this with the author in writing so if for what ever reason someone
disagrees in the future you can show what you arranged with the original
content owner.

On Tribe of Noise we don't work with ND licenses. On the community website
we work with Creative Commons 3.0 By Share Alike, on our PRO site with a
non exclusive exploitation contract. Try to keep it as simple as possible..

--
Hessel van Oorschot | *Tribe of Noise <http://www.tribeofnoise.com/>* | +31
(0)6 180 830 79 | hessel at tribeofnoise.com

*What's happening?*

   - Getty Images and Tribe of Noise partner to help talented artists with
   new business | Press Release, Feb
16,2012<http://tribeofnoise.pressdoc.com/31543-getty-images-and-tribe-of-noise-partner-to-help-talented-artists-with-new-business>
   - MIDEM 2012; Tribe of Noise launches online service for
   rights-inclusive music | Press Release, Jan 30,
2012<http://tribe-of-noise-pro.pressdoc.com/31338-tribe-of-noise-launches-online-service-for-rights-inclusive-music>
   - Video Interview Chief of Noise @ Tribe of Noise | YouTube video, Jan
   26, 2012 <http://youtu.be/MrMDS0RJELk>
   - Tribe of Noise Wins Prestigious 2011 Bully Award | Press Release, Oct
   10, 2011<http://tribeofnoise.pressdoc.com/30451-tribe-of-noise-wins-prestigious-2011-bully-award>