[cc-community] Strengthening the CC-BY-SA copyleft with respect to code

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at creativecommons.org
Wed Dec 21 23:57:55 EST 2011

Bart Kelsey <elbarto at gmail.com> writes:

> Now you're just pretending not to understand me, which is kind of
> uncool. :)

Although I'm sure it's not your intention, this is on the verge of
sounding fairly heated.  I've been talking to both you and Rob
personally throughout this, and believe me that if Rob's saying he's
sympathetic, that's because he is... as a frequent participant on here
and in other forums of discussion, he's usually on the side of pushing a
further-into-copyleft-scope world if anything. ;)

Tangentally: this discussion has been great, but it's also getting
entangled from the many things being discussed (that's how mailing lists
work though, right?).  I'm trying to work out a wiki page that tries to
deconstruct the several conversations going on here at once.  Hopefully
I'll have that in a sane state by tomorrow; it's taking longer than
expected. :)

 - Chris