[cc-community] What are your thoughts on [opt-in] anti-tivoization in CC-BY-SA 4.0?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Dec 21 20:07:32 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Maciej Pendolski
<beholder0x100 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>> What about DVDs?  They have copy protection, right?  Is it now going
>> to be copyright infringement to release a CC-BY-SA movie on a
>> CSS-encrypted DVD?
>
> Mike was faster than me by a few seconds :)

But he hasn't explained himself.  If you interpret that clause
broadly, it restricts almost everything (making text into an image
makes it harder to edit the text).  If you interpret it narrowly, then
it doesn't apply to DVDs (you can copy the bits and you can modify the
bits).

Is there some way to release a work under CC-BY-SA 2.0 only?