[cc-community] Strengthening the CC-BY-SA copyleft with respect to code

Maciej Pendolski beholder0x100 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:29:01 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Matthew Lagoe <cyberempires at gmail.com> wrote:
> doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, it just means that you can think of
> some random case where someone intentionally tries to circumvent the license
> and they can, please note however that every license that is free allows for
> freedom, as such there will always be some way around it, the GPL has the
> same issues.

The problem is that we can't establish a clear definition of generic
game engine (and IMO it is impossible to create one). If we can't
clearly name the problem, how are we going to create solutions for it?
And what [legally] clear proposals are out there other than an opt-out
CC-BY-SA -> GPL one-way "compatibility"? So far we have only
established that we can't establish anything. Let's find some common
ground somehow (easy to say).