[cc-community] Strengthening the CC-BY-SA copyleft with respect to code

Bart Kelsey elbarto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:48:04 EST 2011

Honestly, I think the best way to think about this as a layer between
"linking" and "bundling".  Saying that art content isn't part of a game is
just as silly as saying that it's code.  That is, it's not part of the
*code* per se, but it's still part of the work as a whole.

Also, just to reiterate, as people have mentioned, this would be a big
change to the way CC-BY-SA works, so it may be best to (ugh) create a
license that specifically deals with this situation.