[cc-community] Strengthening the CC-BY-SA copyleft with respect to code

Bart Kelsey elbarto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:44:53 EST 2011

The concerns of a fairly large group of people ought to be given more
thought than a casual dismissal.  If you're going to cite "unintended
consequences", then you ought to take the time to point out what those
consequences might be.

Furthermore, Word was of use because it *allows* people to produce
documents, not because those documents already exist.  If you delete all
the documents from your hard drive (and don't have access to download more)
Word is still useful for creating new documents -- in fact, that it's
primary purpose.  Word isn't even an edge case.