[cc-community] Strengthening the CC-BY-SA copyleft with respect to code

Bart Kelsey elbarto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:48:52 EST 2011

Totally on board with you there.

Even then, though, that bundle of content that runs on top of the generic
engine would be the meat of the game, so it would be good, license-wise, if
the sharealike part of the license applied to all of that content, even if
not to the engine (which is, in this case, clearly generic).

On the other hand, just *saying* that the engine is generic and not
providing the tools or documentation for modifying isn't enough, because in
that case the *intent* is to have the engine be part of a single work.

Bart