[cc-community] publicity rights (was Re: NC/ND)

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Dec 20 06:11:56 EST 2011

> get model releases from the subjects where appropriate or not get any model
> releases at all and just leave it up to anyone wanting to use the photos in a
> way that would require a model release, I don't have any feel at all for how

I don't believe the latter case is actually permissible in Europe on a
strict reading of EU data protection law at least. It's a database of
personal data including sensitive data. If you have it searchable by
person (eg so you can find people by name etc as opposed to just being
'500 people on a street') and you are in the EU you should probably also
be registered as a data controller.

Alan