[cc-community] NC/ND

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Dec 15 12:59:01 EST 2011

On Thursday 15 December 2011 12:09:04 Anthony wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> > Situation 1:
> >
> > Someone wants to put their own original work under a BY-SA license. A
> > work for which they have licensed some non-Free (or in general some
> > non-BY-SA compatible) works that they will include somehow in their work.
> >
> > Situation 2:
> >
> > Someone takes someone else's BY-SA work and includes some of their own
> > non-BY-SA compatible licensed works in it.
> >
> > Are there other possibilities which do not break down to one of these
> > two?
>
> Well, yes.
>
> Situation 3:
>
> Someone takes their own BY-SA work and includes some of their own
> non-BY-SA compatible licensed works in it.

Good catch. Can you use the BY-SA license on some of your own works in this
way?

In a similar way, if one releases a photographic self portrait under BY-SA
does this imply that one is also giving the rights that you would need a
model release for if it was a portrait of someone else? (I hope/think no, but
am not sure.)

> Situation 4:
>
> Someone takes someone else's BY-SA work and includes some MRTBS works in
> it.

What does MRTBS refer to?