[cc-community] NC/ND

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Dec 15 11:53:58 EST 2011

On Thursday 15 December 2011 11:00:28 Rob Myers wrote:
> On 15/12/11 13:15, drew Roberts wrote:
> > Actually, altough it may at first seem counterintuitave, *if* cc is going
> > to drop one of BY-NC and BY-NC-SA, I think that BY-NC should be dropped
> > and BY-NC-SA kept.
>
> Ugh, no. :-) NC-SA breaks copyleft horribly. NC in general should go.

I agree that NC should got. Strongly agree in fact. ND too.

However, *if* (should I write this ***IF***) cc considers dropping one of
these two NC licenses:

BY-NC & BY-NC-SA

I think the latter would be the wiser choice. You can't drop the NC anyway so
force the derivatives to have the same license instead of some other NC type
license or even ARR.

Am I missing something obvious?