[cc-community] A case against CC-BY-SA 4.0 -> GPL

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Dec 15 11:48:50 EST 2011

On Thursday 15 December 2011 10:59:03 Rob Myers wrote:
> On 15/12/11 13:31, drew Roberts wrote:
> > You would think so wouldn't you. But I seem to recall BSD objections to
> > BSD code being used in GPL code. Funny how we go as humans.
>
> I've never taken those particular complaints seriously. But the idea of
> an anti-GPL viral BSD is funny as long as no-one actually tries it. ;-)

They could just go back to the:

4-clause license (original "BSD License")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses#4-clause_license_.28original_.22BSD_License.22.29

Again, hopefully no one will. But the sentiment is there and I think if one
were to start using a log of BY works in BY-SA works the same sentiment might
arise. Logically, it should not, but I have a feeling it very well might.