[cc-community] NC/ND

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Dec 15 11:06:41 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org> wrote:
> On 15/12/11 14:32, drew Roberts wrote:
>>
>> Well for a close example, consider the ARR music in the BY-SA movie/video Sita
>> Sings The Blues. It has always puzzled me a bit on how that all works.
>
> http://www.sitasingstheblues.com/license.html

"Sita Sings the Blues is released under a Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike license."
"Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain musical works included in the
soundtrack are subject to different, more restrictive licenses."

That doesn't explain how you're allowed to do that.  Why can't I say
"This encyclopedia article (derived from a Wikipedia article) is
released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain paragraphs included in the
article are subject to different, more restrictive licenses."?  Or can
I?