[cc-community] NC/ND

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Dec 15 07:51:57 EST 2011

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 15:24:44 Anthony wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> > I was trying to give an analogy. I will restate the above in CC terms.
> >
> > Many people are fine with non-Free culture. That does not mean they walk
> > hand in hand with those who are concerned with Free culture.
>
> I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.  Can't someone be fine
> with non-Free culture, but also be concerned with Free culture?  Sure,
> RMS doesn't fit under this category, but many other people do.

Perhaps, on a deeper level they are mutually exclusive, although I did not
intend to go there and do not need to contemplate that possibility to make
the point I was trying to make.

There may indeed be many people who are fine with non-Free culture but still
concerned with Free culture. On the other hand, there are those who are not
fine with non-Free stuff and I sense those numbers are growing.

Speaking and acting like there is a set of share goals that fall under the cc
umbrella is detrimental in my view.