[cc-community] NC/ND

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Dec 14 14:08:23 EST 2011

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 12:50:04 Joe Corneli wrote:
> > The problem is not so much in using them, rather in being put under the
> > same banner as whose who do. At least for some. There are also more
> > practical problems too such as vast amounts of wasted time and effort.
>
> LOL.  I think it would help if things were less "banner-ish" and more
> descriptive.  If the "movement" was less of a movement ether more of
> an "agora" or more of a concerted effort, or both.

The "banner" language is just a way of speaking. Use brand instead if you
like, Use some other word if you wish. The mixing of the Free and non-Free
licenses under the same cc brand/banner causes real world problems though.

For me, I see it daily in the time I waste giving attention to non-Free works
when I only want to give my attention to Free works in certain areas.