[cc-community] NC/ND

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:06:13 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Must Creative Commons take a stance against Open Access?
>
> Imagine we modify that question - replacing "Creative Commons"
> "The Free Software Foundation".

I'm imagining it, and my guess is that the FSF doesn't care, except
when the resource being distributed is software (or documentation).
If I imagine transposing Open Access to the software world, then it
becomes "software as a service", which the AGPL takes a strong stance
against.

So, in the limited case in which this thought experiment is relevant,
I think the answer is, "Yes, FSF must, and has, taken a stance against
the variant of 'Open Access' that is relevant in its world."