[cc-community] Are translated versions of CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 España different licenses?

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:01:16 EST 2011

On 13/12/11 13:58, Johannes Weißl wrote:
> In other words: If someone says: "My work is licensed under
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/es/legalcode.ca", is it
> always correct to just remove the "legalcode.ca" suffix?

No, because the Creative Commons Foundation has messed up on several
occasions, In one instance CC-BY-SA (country) and CC-BY-SA-NC (country)
are compatible licenses, because the wording is identical.
In a different instance, CC-BY-SA-NC (one country) is incompatible with
CC-BY-SA-NC (unported);

Whilst I don't know offhand of any CC-BY-NC-ND incompatibilities, I
usually ignore that license because it to be an anti-libre EULA.

jonathon

  *
  * English

  * English