[cc-community] ported licenses

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 01:13:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 01:02, Greg Grossmeier wrote:

> Since I'm not a lawyer (although I am usually pretty good at reading licenses) could you provide some specific incompatibilities?

There is a clause in the CC-BY-SA  (UK) version that permits
collection societies to collect royalties on behalf of the copyright
owner. This clause is absent from the unported version.

>  later version of the license if you want (Section 2.3 of the UK version,  Section 4.b of the unported version).

>Which leads me to ask: are there these incompatibilities with the 3.0 versions of these two licenses?

AFAIK, no.   However I haven't looked at anything other than 3.0
unported in any  detail.

>> That is probably the best known, but not the only example of CC license incompatibility.
> Is there a list of these somewhere?

My impression is that Creative Commons Foundation does tht list
somewhere on their website.  However, the only lists I've seen have
been created by end users.

jonathon