[cc-community] Attribution article on CC wiki

Andrew Rens andrewrens at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 04:07:07 EDT 2008

Hi Chris

Attribution is for both authors and rights-holders.
The term owner should be avoided since tends to add to the confusion of
applying the property metaphor to intellectual creations.

It would be better to change the first sentence to read "If you are the
author or rights-holder of original content..."

Andrew Rens

2008/9/25 Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy at appropedia.org>

> I added some more to the Attribution<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Attribution>article on the CC wiki:
>
> I'm not sure of my facts, and how this wiki works (since this is an idea
> rather than a fact or established practice) so I wanted to flag it, so it
> can be corrected if need be.
>
> My additions:
>
> If you are the owner of original content, and wish to be attributed for
> that on a site that practices such a policy, then:
>
>    - it should be published elsewhere under a a suitable license<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/License>
>    - the content placed on the wiki should have an attribution, saying
>    that the page or section contains content from the specified source. Future
>    editors of the page should not remove this notice while significant portions
>    of text remain on the page.[1]<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Attribution#cite_note-0>
>

> Chris
> --
> Chris Watkins (a.k.a. Chriswaterguy)
>
> Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.
>
> blogs.appropedia.org
>
> I like this: five.sentenc.es
>
> 'They demanded bread and their method of making their protest was to burn
> down the bakery. - Ortega Y Gasset

Andrew Rens
Now blogging at www.aliquidnovi.org