[cc-community] Attribution article on CC wiki

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Thu Sep 25 02:14:55 EDT 2008

I added some more to the
Attribution<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Attribution>article on the
CC wiki:

I'm not sure of my facts, and how this wiki works (since this is an idea
rather than a fact or established practice) so I wanted to flag it, so it
can be corrected if need be.

My additions:

If you are the owner of original content, and wish to be attributed for that
on a site that practices such a policy, then:

   - it should be published elsewhere under a a suitable
license<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/License>
   - the content placed on the wiki should have an attribution, saying that
   the page or section contains content from the specified source. Future
   editors of the page should not remove this notice while significant portions
   of text remain on the
page.[1]<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Attribution#cite_note-0>

Chris
--
Chris Watkins (a.k.a. Chriswaterguy)

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org

I like this: five.sentenc.es

'They demanded bread and their method of making their protest was to burn
down the bakery. - Ortega Y Gasset