[cc-community] Inter Discipline Synergy?

Kevin Phillips (home) tacet at qmpublishing.com
Sat Sep 20 05:07:33 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "drew Roberts" <zotz at 100jamz.com>
To: <cc-community at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:09 PM
Subject: [cc-community] Inter Discipline Synergy?

>I have been having a lot of fun on kompoz lately. (
>http://zotz.kompoz.com )
>
> November is fast approaching and I am trying to figure out how I am going
> attack NaNoWriMo this year. I had an idea for a larger effort and finally
> wrote it up yesterday. So far it is getting a positive response.
>
> Basically the idea is to get song lyrics written as part of novels to be
> made
> into songs and posted during November and to get novelists who don't write
> lyrics to put existing lyrics into their novels. And similar things.
>
> http://zotzbro.blogspot.com/2008/09/inter-discipline-synergy.html
> http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/topicId-2041/messages.forum
> There is a nano post too but the site is unresponsive at the moment and
> their
> forums will be cleared soon in prep for this year's nano.
>
> I have also contacted the RPM challenge folks and am now trying to let the
> Creative Commons crowd know.
>
> I think that if this catches on at all, the novel side of the equation can
> easily overwhelm the music side so I am looking for ideas on how to get
> more
> musicians / song writers into the game.

Well, count me in, fingers crossed my home improvements will be completed
and my
music hardware in place, piece by piece over the next couple of weeks.

Interestingly a couple of friends have recently sent me a headsup for a fun
idea to have a bunch of christmas songs written and/or remixed.  Either
traditional
or original.  I'm thinking already of some ideas for something original,
I'll
keep you posted with this if you're interested. :)

Kev