[cc-community] CCplus Standard License Agreement?

Roland Alton-Scheidl ras at pvl.at
Thu Sep 18 15:03:11 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

We'll put on the roadmap for RegisteredCommons not just one, but multiple
options for CC+. We have the restriction of the current CC metadata specs,
which supports only one rel="cc:morePermissions" URL per work item. Our
solution may be that this URL points to the registered work at RC and we
resolve multiple CC+ options in a table with one or more targets, also
allowing pointers for CC+ to other rights clearing houses. We may not be able
to check dependencies and conflicts arising from double licensing, as there
are probably too many combinations possible.

Still, we are looking for a fair and easy to understand general purpose
commercial license contract. Unfortunately, http://ownterms.org has not yet
got one.

Please be patient, as we are working with a highly secured service and need to
run several unit tests before we deploy new features at RegisteredCommons.org
We will take a two step approach and are starting with a simple CCplus form
for each work item.

--Roland

: > YES. I would like to see a "Buy for the Commons" option: the author can
: > choose an amount for which they would be willing to release the work
: > By-SA for everyone. Once that's paid, the work is free.
:
: Shouldn't be restricted to BY-SA, surely? CC-BY or CC0 should also be
: options.