[cc-community] CCplus Standard License Agreement?

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Tue Sep 16 13:38:46 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Terry Hancock
<hancock at anansispaceworks.com> wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
>> On Monday 15 September 2008 15:15:59 Roland Alton-Scheidl wrote:
>>> Additionally, we would also like to offer immediate rights clearing for
>>> those, who need a commercial license of a work, which is published under a
>>> CC-nc condition only.
>>
>> Why can you not do something similar for cc BY-SA too?
>
> I'd just like to second that. Note that there should be no
> special-handling requirement between By-NC, By-NC-SA, By-ND, By-NC-ND,
> and By-SA! All five could be offered under the same licensing option
> (which would remove NC, SA, and ND requirements for the one user), so
> it's no extra work for you (you just have to permit all five types of
> work to be submitted).

Don't exclude BY, or for that matter PD.

The point of a private agreement is not just to get out of the
requirements of a public license (or default copyright restrictions)
but to have a "paper" trail and warranties that may be necessary in
some contexts.

Mike