[cc-community] CCplus Standard License Agreement?

Roland Alton-Scheidl ras at pvl.at
Mon Sep 15 15:15:59 EDT 2008

Hi

We are working on an integration of CCplus into the RegisteredCommons.org
timestamping service. Adding a field with a "More permissions URL" to the
certificate is easy.

Additionally, we would also like to offer immediate rights clearing for
those, who need a commercial license of a work, which is published under a
CC-nc condition only.

Shouldn't we have a generic commercial license agreement for CCplus, which is
valid after a payment has been made, derived from a CC-by license? Could it
be so simple, that we remove the "royalty-free" phrase in section 3 of
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode ?

Any other proposals for a generic CCplus license?

--Roland

--
Roland Alton-Scheidl
http://osAlliance.com