[cc-community] [cc-au] Australian National Innovation Review recommends Creative Commons

Jessica Coates j2.coates at qut.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 20:29:04 EDT 2008

And following up this news from yesterday - in a speech at the Committee for Melbourne yesterday, Senator Carr gives what sounds like a fairly strong endorsement of the Report's Creative Commons recommendation, saying:

"We are and will remain a net importer of knowledge, so it is in our interest to promote the freest possible flow of information domestically and globally.

The arguments for stepping out first on open access are the same as the arguments for stepping out first on emissions trading - the more willing we are to show leadership on this, we more chance we have of persuading other countries to reciprocate.

And if we want the rest of the world to act, we have to do our bit at home."

You can access the report here: http://minister.industry.gov.au/Carr/Pages/REVIEWOFTHENATIONALINNOVATIONSYSTEMREPORT-VENTUROUSAUSTRALIA.aspx

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic