[cc-community] Can you "wrap" a By-ND work?

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Thu Sep 4 20:10:20 EDT 2008

If someone had a CC-ND work that was pure text,

    "See spot run"

you probably wouldn't be concerned if you included
it on a website with stuff above and below it:

    Here's a cool poem I found:

    "See spot run"

    Kind of neat, eh?

i.e. that shouldn't be considered a derivative.

I would think that if the original video is clearly
demarked at it's beginning and end, and you put your
stuff clearly before or after those demarcations,
then it wouldn't be a derivative.

I have slightly different views on copyright, though,
so the law may not line up with my opinion.

Greg