[cc-community] Can you "wrap" a By-ND work?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Sep 4 15:02:36 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Quick question (I hope):

It's been established that you can transcode a By-ND video from one
format to another. Presumably, you can include it in collections of videos.

What if it is included *entire* inside of a "wrapper". IOW, if you add,
say, a title card at the beginning and end with the logo for the video's
host, an introduction (either a title-card or a person doing the
introduction), and any attribution data.

I think that *might* fall into the realm of "fair use" or "collection",
but I thought I'd ask for an opinion.

Be aware, I'm not attempting to alter the video by juxtaposition or
anything -- I just want to include it in a series of other videos, and
want to give it a uniform "wrap".

A related question is whether it can be included along with a series of
other videos in a longer presentation (I'm guessing that is also a
"collection", even if the videos are technically one video stream?)

Cheers,
Terry