[cc-community] First CC community edited fiction book. Cheers, jeers, rude awakenings?

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu May 15 07:10:46 EDT 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 02:17:00 M.A.Newhall wrote:
> Hello
>
>    After poking around a bit it seems my sci-fi novel Thicker Than Blood is
> the first community edited fiction book released under a Creative Commons
> license, ever.  Lulu gives an opportunity to send out a press release when
> you buy an ISBN, so I thought I would put one together and talk about
> that.  I could use help in two ways.

If it is just comming out, it is certainly not the first novel to be released
under a CC license.

As to community edited, who knows, once a BY-SA or BY novel is out there, who
is to know what the community might do?

>    Write a short email telling me what you think about that or the book
> itself, and perhaps I can quote it in the press release.  It can be
> positive or negative, both can be helpful.  Just be honest.

Please actually state which cc license you use in announcements folks, some of
us at least would appreciate it. It means less work on our parts.