[cc-community] WebPage Describing Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 License

Ryan McGregor ryan_mcgregor at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 16 07:14:08 EST 2005

Hi everyone.

I am quite new on these lists (this is actually my first post). Anyways,
I have a little homepage I have just started working on, and I was
planning on releasing some of my works (some from school, some from
elsewhere) under some Creative Commons licenses. However, I felt that
the deed didn't do enough to explain the rights, responsibilities and
ramifications of violating the license agreement (I am talking about the
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license) (my friends are dumb and I needed to
make a clear explanation of how dumb it would be to breach the agreement).

So, I basically made an explanation of the license and how it works.
This can be found at the link below.

http://members.shaw.ca/ryan_mcgregor/attr-share%20description.html

After awhile, as I fixed parts of the explanation, it began to look like
it could be useful to other people. So I decided to publish it to these
lists to get some feedback on it, and also in case someone needed to
explain to someone else how to use the license, they could just show
them my explanation.

I have released my explanation of the license under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 License. There are also a few extra
requirements (see the underlined sections of my copyright notice at the
bottom of the page linked to above).

In my explanation, I focused more on the ramifications of violating the
license than I did on ways to follow the license, mainly because I felt
that Creative Commons Corporation had not done enough itself in
explaining these ramifications, and also because Creative Commons
Corporation had focused enough on how to use and follow the license on
their web page that I did not need to.

If there are any ways that you feel I should change my explanation,
please email me at:

ryan_mcgregor  <at>  shaw  <dot>  ca

Or of course just publish back to these lists. (I would prefer email
though).

Anyways, talk to you all later.

Yours Truly,

Ryan McGregor

P.S. At the top of the linked to page, you will notice the problem I
have been having with my website. Please let me know if you know of a
solution. This I would prefer you emailing directly to me. Thx!