[cc-community] on audio content attribution

Fabio Barbon barbonfab at itc.it
Wed Apr 27 04:02:17 EDT 2005

Ciao, I couldn't find any previous discussion about attribution's
«digital format» for pure audio material in cc licenses.

As a composer I'd like the attribution of my work to be granted in two ways:

1. the attribution information should be in the same «media type» of my
work: for audio content, in particular, to be «fair» this should be
itself audio only (for example via a voice that reads off composer's
name, work title, license adopted (as a jingle?)).

In musical works the acquisition of attribution info requires a «media
switch», from eyes to ears, while other kinds of work don't.

2. this aural attribution (and licensing) information should be
«embedded» in every execution (even partial or derivative ones) of my work.

Please note that to simply add aural attribution information to all my
music files doesn't work if I want to allow derivative works, since one
can legally cut away the file part containing attribution info.

I hope this is of some interest for somebody.

Many thanks in advance,
-Fabio

--
Fabio Barbon - <http://sra.itc.it/people/barbonfab>
Automated Reasoning Systems - Formal Methods Group